There are some reasons why some people want to hide their text message from their iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. It can be because they have an important plan with a friend and relative through a text message that not anybody has to know such as birthday surprise. Besides, we have some friends that like to access our iPhone and read the whole things there to know all about our business. The last reason is that we only need our privacy at the top. How to hide messages on iPhone 7 is what we need to have at this time.
There are many messaging apps available for iOS to provide better data storing as well as privacy problems as the primary issue. Some people still go with traditional SMS (iMessage).
Some Methode to Hide Messages on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Method 1: Disabling Show Previews in iOS
If you turn this feature off, you can get the message notification, but the incoming messages are hidden. Below are the steps to start:
- Go to Settings, select Notifications, and then select Messages.
- Scroll down until you can find the Include section.
- Change the Show Previews to be On by Default.
- Switch your device to OFF and the button is not in green.
Method 2: Hiding Text Message Alert from The Lock Screen
If you think that the first method does not give you enough protection, you can disable the entire messaging notification as below:
- Go to your Settings app and select the Messages app.
- Select Show on Lock Screen, and then turn it off.
- Disable the Badge App Icon.
By doing this method, it means the new iMessages or your regular SMS will not display and pop up on the lock screen notification.
Method 3: Hiding Text Messages on iPhone’s Message App
The second method works to hide messages from displaying on the lock screen. It is possible for you to hide the messages in the Messages app. To do this, you must have a jailbroken iPhone. It is a nice way for you to hide any conversation by a quick gesture through hiddenConvos from the Cydia. You can install it by following the steps below:
- Launch Cydia and install the HiddenConvos tweak.
- Go to the Messages app and let-swipe to hide the conversation.
- There is a new button named Hide, next to Delete.
- Select the “Hide” button, and the conversation will disappear.
Those are some methods to hide messages on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. You can read more iPhone 7 Tips on the next page. If you have any questions, please fill in the comments field.